Monday, January 17, 2011

Sweet Treats

The theme for this week's Fantabulous Cricut challenge is "Sweet Shop".  I still needed to make Valentine's cards for my two beautiful nieces and had been thinking of something that had sweet treats on the front. This challenge really helped me bring it all together. I have to also thank the Fantabulous Cricut blog for the background too. Recently, there was a blog entry about quilting classes and how the instructor advised using black or purple to make things pop and how that can be applied to scrapbooking as well. I would have never chosen purple for the background had I not read that blog post. I have to admit I am really pleased with how it turned out.

The sentiment is cut from yes, you guessed it, Paisley. I love that cartridge. The cupcake is cut from the Sweet Treats cartridge.

Also entering this card in the Cupcake Challenge for CARDZ TV.

10 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet..looks to real to be paper..Love it!
    Just became your newest follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
    Minta

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and the purple looks good in the background. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card. It looks so good. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!! I also love Paisley, it is a great cartridge:) Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute! Thanks for joining us at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is TOO cute!!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Cardz TV!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card - love the colors you chose. Thanks for joining the challenge at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute!!!! TFS.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete