As with all of my current projects, this was a learning experience. Putting the quilt together was relatively easy. As you can see it is comprised of four nine patch blocks with borders.
|My little man Jack is always involved with every step of the quilting process.|
I have refused to have someone else quilt my projects. It just seems like cheating to me. I will be honest, this is the most challenging part of the process, and I fear it will be awhile before I am truly comfortable with the quilting part. For this quilt I decided to jump right in and try free motion quilting. Needless to say that was a true challenge. I basically just did little loops. It was a relatively easy design, but I can see that it will take a great deal of practice to perfect the process.
I loved the way this quilt turned out. It isn't perfect, but it has character. If I could change one thing, I would probably change the thread I used to quilt it. I used a light yellow (Aurifil thread, of course), but it was so light that I think white might have been better. I think next time I have white borders, I will likely use white thread.
Now I just need to begin quilting my third project. The top is ready to go. I just need to pin baste the quilt together. More on that project to come...